THE USPTO RETURNS TO THE LUXE SUNSET BOULEVARD HOTEL
Location: Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Registration and Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Programming: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Networking Luncheon: 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Cocktail Reception: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Address: 11461 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90049
LAIPLA brings the USPTO to you! Now in its 23rd year, Washington in the West is a full-day MCLE conference bringing together USPTO officials, industry experts and members of our bar. This is a can’t-miss conference that provides a truly unique forum for local practitioners to openly discuss issues directly with USPTO representatives.
Speakers at the 2019 Washington in the West will include:
- John Cabeca, Director of the Silicon Valley Regional USPTO
- Dan Altman, Partner, Knobbe Martens
- Oral Caglar, Associate General Counsel, Caltech
- Stefano Ferro, Bugnion S.p.A.
- Milan Kapadia, Patent Portfolio Manager, The Boeing Company
- Anbar Khal, Sr. Patent Counsel, Oakley
- Ellen Lin, IP Counsel, KaVo Kerr Group
- Emily Loughran, Senior Director of Licensing and Strategic Initiatives, UCLA
- Erin Mehta, Counsel, Litigation & Patents, Hulu
- Lisa L. Ouellette, Associate Professor of Law, Stanford Law School
- Freddy Thiel, Kilburn & Strode, VP of SF Liaison Office
Additional speakers and programs to come!
**Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association (provider #2083) certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of 5 hours.
Valet parking $14
PRICING – EARLY BIRD
Early Bird pricing ends January 22. After Tuesday, January 22, the registration fee increases by $30.
Government: $149 ($179 after January 22)
In-House Counsel: $239 ($269 after January 22)
Judiciary: No Charge
LAIPLA Law Student Member: $89 ($119 after January 22)
LAIPLA Member: $339 ($369 after January 22)
Non-Member: $439 ($469 after January 22)
Non-Member - Membership Special (event + membership): $489 ($519 after January 22)
Pre-registration deadline is Tuesday, January 22. After Tuesday, January 22, the registration fee increases by $30. Cancellations must be received by the pre-registration deadline of Tuesday, January 22.
For any questions or assistance with registration, please email email@example.com.