April 26th, 2017
Our membership year runs from July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017. Next year’s renewal runs July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
The Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association (LAIPLA) once again celebrated its most successful year in its 80+ year history. In 2015-2016 we expanded our key relationships with our Member Firms to reach our highest membership ever. As the highlights below illustrate, it’s no wonder that LAIPLA provides diverse top notch IP branded programming for Member Firm attorneys:
- Membership of 30+ firms and growing. (See http://www.laipla.net/member-firms/)
- Spring Seminar: The luxurious unique getaway IP seminar focusing on networking. Delivering value, camaraderie with the best practitioners over a three-day weekend. Our crown jewel.
- Judges’ Night Gala: Our biggest night of the year, with 14 member firm tables honoring our Judiciary and awarding our annual LAIPLA Public Service Award.
- Washington in the West: Premier one day seminar for patent and trademark prosecutors. Known as the Best in the West.
- LAIPLA Goes to Court: In an intimate setting, a dialogue with Judges in their courtroom.
- Members Only Holiday Experience: For the second year in a row, we’ve delivered an unforgettable magical night. The most fun event for members and spouses/significant others.
- LAIPLA Diversity Fellowships. With the generous assistance of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter Hampton LLP and Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, this award grants a summer stipend to two law students to work this summer at Edwards Lifesciences Corporation and Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Women in IP: For the second year in a row, we’ve continued to focus on programs to develop and nurture networking within our Women IP membership.
- Members Only Welcome Back Bash: We’ve upped the ante, to kick off the year with colleagues, with drinks and ping pong!
- Young Lawyers Events: Providing training for new lawyers and creating a network to last a lifetime.
- Law School Outreach: Every year, we visit Loyola Law School (LLS), Pepperdine, Southwestern, USC, UCLA, UC Irvine and Whittier law schools to outreach to future IP attorneys.
- Small Firm Solo Practitioner Events: Creating a networking base for our non-member firms.
- Breaking new ground: Here’s our new programs instituted this year (2015-2016):
- Techtainment (at LLS): A new seminar combining Technology + Entertainment.
- TTAB hearing (at LLS): An actual Trademark Trial and Appeal Board hearing plus seminar.
- LAIPLA/OCIPLA joint event: Bridging the gap between our two IP organizations.
- High School events: Taking the Law School Road School to High Schools.
We have already started planning 2016-2017 and it will be just as jam packed!
However, we can’t continue to provide top tier diverse IP programming without the support of our Members. They are the backbone of our organization’s strength and longevity.
As a Member, you will enjoy the following perks:
- Receive membership pricing and discounts for our events (averaging $30 saving per event, totaling over $560 a year).
- Invitation to Member Only events (including the Members Only Holiday Party, and Welcome Back Mixer).
Pricing: Individual Memberships.
In-House Counsel: Free.
Judicial Officers: Free.
Attorney: $100 ends 8/31/2016; $130 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
New Attorney: $50 ends 8/31/2016; $80 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
For the purposes of this membership, a new attorney is one who has been practicing law for less than 2 years.
Government Attorney: $50 ends 8/31/2016; $80 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
Paralegal: $50 ends 8/31/2016; $80 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
Law Student: $30 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
Inventor: $50 ends 8/31/2016; $80 9/1/2016 – 6/30/2017.
For the purposes of this membership, an Emeritus attorney has been practicing for 30+ years or is 65+ years old.
Judicial Officer: Free.
Non-Attorney: If you don’t fit into any of above membership groups.
$100 ends 9/30/2015; $130 10/1/2015 – 6/30/2016
Renewal has never been easier
To renew or join please click the “Join LAIPLA” button below.